People think tonsillitis affects mostly children. They mostly imagine children with swollen glands. Then they are asked to avoid cold drinks ice cream. But the fact remains tonsillitis also affects general population. Around 10% of the population is affected by it. It can occur to any sex – male / female, any age – child / adult. Tonsil and sore throat are result of viral infection.
The fact is that tonsillitis affects more than just children — and surgery is not (!) always the best course of treatment. This may be a bummer to school kids everywhere looking for an extreme reason to miss school and enjoy their favorite frozen treat, but there are safer, more natural ways to treat tonsillitis.
General Symptoms of Tonsillitis
- Sore and painful throat
- Swollen tonsils
- Person has difficulty in swallowing
- Person effected by fever
- Areas surrounding tonsil and throat are reddened
- Tonsil are coated with white or yellow coating
- Throat develops ulcers and blisters
- Loss of voice and difficulty in ability to talk
- Person suffers from headache
- Effected people complain of headache and pain in ear and in neck region
- Bad breath is a side effect of it too
Cure for Tonsillitis:
- You need to take a rest. Long rest.
- Try and drink warm to lukewarm water liquid to ease pain in throat.
- Try gargle warm salt / brine water
- Try suck on lozenges
- Try to eat smooth food like jelly, etc.
More than any think else don’t forget to consult a doctor. Don’t try to treat yourself. Expert opinion always helps!!